Welcome to Walt Eger’s Service Center blog! Today, we're talking about one of the most important things you can do for your car during the summer: maintaining it properly. The hot summer heat can take a toll on your vehicle and while the maintenance may not be the most exciting thing to do, it can prevent you from having a serious problem later on. So, let's dive in!
1. Keep an Eye on Your Oil - The hot temperatures can cause your engine oil to break down faster, which can lead to possible engine damage. Check your oil level often and make sure it's at the recommended level. Additionally, be sure to have your oil changed on a regular basis, as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer.
2. Check Your Tires - Hot pavement combined with under-inflated tires can increase your risk of a blowout and other tire damage. Check your tire pressure and adjust accordingly. While you're at it, check your tire treads too, as worn treads can increase your risk of hydroplaning on wet roads.
3. Keep Your Engine Cool - The summer heat can cause your engine to overheat, leading to serious problems. Check your coolant levels and make sure it's at the recommended level. You can also check for leaks or damages on hoses and radiator.
4. Test Your Battery - Hot temperatures can also take a toll on your car battery, causing it to die more frequently. If you are noticing your battery struggling to start your car, bring it in, and have our team inspect your charging system and battery.
5. Keep Your AC in good shape - When you think of vehicle maintenance, you may not think about the AC, but it’s important. Keep it running smoothly with regular checkups and possible cleaning of the system, filters, and the blower to ensure it keeps working just right.
In short, neglecting regular maintenance on your vehicle can lead to expensive repairs and can cause significant problems later on. If you have any questions or need help with your summer vehicle maintenance, don't hesitate to bring your vehicle to Walt Eger's Service Center. Our team of qualified and experienced mechanics is always ready to provide top-notch vehicle care. Remember, summer fun starts with a well-maintained vehicle!